4 large or 5 medium russet or Yukon Gold potates
1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup chicken broth
1. Peel potatoes, then slice into 1/8" slices (this can be done up to 2 days in advance. Keep slices covered with cold water until ready to use.)
|About a year ago I bought this mandolin (the slicing thingy) at Target. It wasn't expensive and makes slicing the potatoes a breeze. Plus, they are all uniform thickness. Well worth the money.|
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
3. Spray 9x13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Layer half of the potato slices in the dish.
4. Sprinkle the potatoes with half the cheese, then with salt and pepper.
6. Gently pour the chicken broth over the casserole. Cover with foil - tenting so the melting cheese doesn't stick to the foil.
7. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake, uncovered, for another 30 minutes.
8. Serve to rave reviews.
You're welcome!! :-)