Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Uncle 'Pot Belly' Billy's Foolproof Pecan Pie

Have you begun to notice how the words quick, easy and foolproof keep popping up in my recipes and titles? Are you beginning to figure out what kind of cook I am? Don't get me wrong - occasionally I like nothing better than making a long grocery list, shopping for unusual ingredients and then hunkering down in my kitchen for hours to prepare something really amazing. But most of the time I want... you got it - quick, easy and foolproof. And this Pecan Pie is all of those. 

Uncle Billy was a spinner of long yarns and the creator of this wonderful pie. So, wherever you are Uncle Billy, we say "Thank you!!"


Uncle 'Pot Belly' Billy's Foolproof Pecan Pie
Serves 6-8

1 cup corn syrup (either light or dark)
½ cup (3 ½ ounces) granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs, beaten well
2 cups coarsely chopped pecans

1 9-inch unbaked pie crust  I use the Pillsbury pre-made ones. People often compliment me on my flaky pie crust. I simply say "Thank you". :-)

1.    Preheat oven to 350.
2. Follow package directions for rolling out and lightly flouring pie crust.



2.   In large bowl, whisk together 1st 3 ingredients.  Add eggs and blend well. 


3.  Then add pecans.


4.   Pour mixture into pie crust 


5.  Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.


 Tomorrow I'm sharing an old family recipe that gets hauled out only once a year - the third Thursday of November. Which is a good thing since it's incredibly unhealthy! But hey - it's the holidays!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment